If you have visited our office, you have likely met our awesome Receptionist, Gina! If you have not yet, you will meet her when picking up pool keys. This month, we are sharing Gina’s FAVORITE spring and summer salad. We hope you enjoy this delicious refreshing dish as much as we do.
Bacon-Wrapped Fig and Honeycrisp Apple Salad with Salted Caramel Pecans
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes | Yield: Serves 6 as a side, 4 as a main dish
- 12 fresh figs (black mission or tiger strip), halved
- 6 slices thin-cut bacon, sliced in half length strips
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Pecans + Dressing
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt + pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 6 cups mixed greens (I like using a spring mix + arugula)
- 2 Honeycrisp apples, sliced
- 4 ounces gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces drunken goat cheese (or regular goat cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take each fig half and wrap a slice of bacon around it. Place on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with the remaining figs.
- Brush each fig with maple syrup and then place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is crisp and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, make the pecans: Add the pecans to a medium skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the maple syrup, butter, and salt. Cook until the pecans are caramelized, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the pecans from the skillet and place them on a parchment-lined plate in a single layer. Allow them to cool completely.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and crushed pepper.
- To assemble the salad, add the greens to a large salad bowl. Add the bacon-wrapped figs, apples, and pecans.
- Sprinkle on both kinds of cheese and then drizzle with dressing.
Categorized in: DIY
This post was written by Brighton Homes