Many people struggle with choosing the right exterior paint colors for their Eagle ID homes. There are so many colors available that it can be overwhelming to pick the one that’s right for your home.
Try these steps to narrow down your choices and find a color you’ll love for years to come.
- First look around at your furniture, artwork and wardrobe. Do you generally choose cool tones, like grays, blues or pure white? Or are you drawn to warmer tones like brown, terra cotta or cream? Making this distinction first will narrow your selection to a group of colors that truly suit your tastes.
- If you need inspiration, browse photos of home exteriors online or drive around communities in your area to see which homes appeal to you. Are you attracted to homes with warm body colors and white trim? Or do you love crisp white houses with black trim?
- Take a look at your home’s exterior. What colors will go best with your roof, brickwork or other major features? Usually cool paint colors go best with cool roof colors like gray or black. A brown roof or red bricks will most often pair well with warm paint colors.
- When you’ve chosen a few possible colors, you’ll want to see how they look on your house. Paint small areas and view them during different times of day to see how the colors change. If the color seems almost right, try going a shade or two lighter or darker.
- For an easy way to choose a trim color, pick the lightest or darkest shade from the same color strip as the main house.
For more inspiration, browse our photo gallery to see color combinations we’ve used on some of our favorite exteriors.
When you build your new home with us, we can help you choose paint colors to complement your chosen design. We have floor plans to suit any family size or lifestyle. When you buy a new home today, you’ll be able to take advantage of the current super-low interest rates!
Call Brighton Homes today at 208-908-7533 to learn more about the options we offer for customizing our Eagle ID homes.Tags: homebuilder in eagle id, new homes for sale eagle id
This post was written by Brighton Homes