Last night’s thunderstorm has us all here at Brighton excited for cooler temperatures, fun holidays, and delicious warm comfort food. This month’s recipe comes from Candi, one of our Project Coordinators! Make some this weekend and cozy up on the couch with a big bowl and enjoy!
- 6 cups Chicken (2 rotisserie chickens)
- 6 cups Chicken broth
- 4 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 Jalapenos (diced with seeds)
- 3 Serrano peppers (seeded & diced)
- 2 Yellow pepper (diced)
- 1 Frozen corn
- 2-15oz cans of Great Northern Beans (drained & rinsed)
- 2-15oz cans of White kidney beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1/2 Onion (diced)
- 1 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Cumin, ground
- 2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. Black pepper
- 1 tbsp. White pepper
- 1 tbsp. Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
1. Pour 6 cups of chicken broth, cumin, cayenne, black pepper, white pepper, and oregano into a large crock pot. Start heating.
2. Shred both rotisseries chickens, including dark meat
3. Sauté coconut oil, jalapeno and serrano pepper, onions, and garlic for 10-15 minutes over medium heat.
4. Add shredded chicken, sauté mixture, yellow pepper, beans, and white wine to the crock pot.
Cook for 2 hours.
5. Add a bag of corn and coconut milk. Stir and cook on low for at least 2 hours or until ready to eat.
Categorized in: DIY
This post was written by Gina Coffin