Did you know that Brighton’s Boise ID homes surpass national standards for energy efficiency? We pride ourselves on building homes that save energy, help the environment and make your life more comfortable. To maximize the benefits of living in an energy-efficient home, there are a few things you can do to make your utility bills even lower!
- Always use Energy Star bulbs and appliances. Light your home with CFL (compact fluorescent) or LED bulbs and fixtures. CFL energy use is about 70% less than incandescent, and the bulbs last much longer. Also, be sure to look for the Energy Star label on any new appliances you buy.
- Add timers and/or motion detectors to lights so they turn off when no one is in the room. This is especially good for families with children or teens who forget to turn off lights.
- Change the furnace filter regularly, as recommended by the manufacturer. A clean filter will help your furnace run more efficiently and use less energy. It will also keep the air in your home cleaner!
- Keep your air conditioner unit maintained. Do it yourself if you’re handy, or hire a professional to do yearly cleaning and lubricating. If your unit gets sun most of the day, find a way to shade it without blocking the airflow, such as planting tall shrubs nearby.
- Reduce your hot water use. Turn down the temperature on the water heater to no more than 120 degrees. You can also use cool or cold water to wash clothes and your hands.
- Clean dryer ducts regularly. When lint builds up in the dryer duct and vent, the dryer has to work harder. Excess lint can also be a fire risk.
Our energy-efficient homes at Cartwright Ranch in Boise ID help you save money on utility bills while enjoying a more pleasant indoor environment. This rural community is within easy reach of city amenities in Boise and Meridian.
Come tour our Fred Astaire model home at 11614 N 24th Ave, Boise ID, 83714. Make an appointment to tour the home with one of our hosts. Open hours are Tuesday through Thursday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday and Saturday between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Call Jamie Nosek at 208-917-4870 or Zach Butler at 208-957-1325 to schedule your tour of the Cartwright Ranch community of Boise ID homes.Tags: Home Savings, homebuilder in boise id
This post was written by Brighton Homes