Homes in Nampa ID will soon be filled with friends and families enjoying the annual tradition of Turkey Day. Hosting Thanksgiving dinner is the perfect way to show off your new home and “warm” it with the presence of family and friends. In addition to planning a hearty menu, you’ll want to prepare your house for guests.
- Do your major cleaning well in advance of the holiday. Ideally, you’ll have at least a day or two to rest before the serious cooking starts.
- Clean out your fridge and freezer to make room for the extra food and leftovers. Throw out any outdated foods. Eat what you have to free up more space. Declutter the pantry as well, checking expiration dates to see if you need to purchase fresh items.
- Make sure you have enough containers to hold leftovers, whether you plan to keep them or send them home with your guests.
- Make a detailed menu to help you formulate a shopping list, including often-overlooked things like fresh butter for the rolls, salt and pepper for the table, and salad dressings.
- Set and decorate the table a day or so in advance so you can see clearly what you have. Be sure you have enough table settings and silverware for the number of people you plan to invite. Also, check your supply of serving dishes and utensils. You’ll want to be sure you have a roasting pan big enough for the turkey, as well as a place prepared to set it once you take it out of the oven. Finally, look over your table linens and see if they’re in good shape or need to be replaced.
- Clean your appliances, especially the oven, if you use them often. Wipe out the inside of the microwave. Run and empty the dishwasher before guests arrive so it’s ready to be filled again after dinner is over.
Brighton’s new homes in Arbor are ideal for holiday entertaining. We offer more than 20 home designs to choose from. These modern farmhouse and urban-style designs are available in one and two-story plans ranging from 1,495-2,520 square feet with 3 or 4 bedrooms.
Contact Brett Swann at 208-917-4872 to schedule your tour of the Arbor community of homes in Nampa ID.
Tags: Brighton Homes Idaho, homebuilder in Nampa ID, homes Caldwell ID, homes in nampa ID, new homes for sale in Nampa ID
This post was written by Gina Coffin