This healthy maple pumpkin granola recipe is easy to make, vegan, gluten-free, and most importantly, totally irresistible. It will be your go-to fall snack!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt or 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine coconut oil and maple syrup in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30-60 seconds, then add pumpkin puree and stir to combine.
- Add oats, coconut, pecans, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin pie spice, and salt to the bowl. Stir well to mix everything evenly.
- Spread mixture in an even layer on the baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for at least 15 minutes. (Granola will be soft when first removed from the oven, then get crunchy as it cools.)
- Use your hands or a spatula to break cooled granola into pieces of your desired size. Store at room temperature for 1-2 weeks.
- This recipe requires a higher temperature and longer cooking time than our favorite base granola recipe because of the addition of pumpkin, which has a lot of moisture.
- If the stored granola begins to get less crunchy, crack open the container a little bit. It will still keep fine that way for several days.
Find other fun recipes at Nourish-and-Fete.com.
Categorized in: DIY
This post was written by Matt Huston