This succulent summer treat is soft, moist and bursting with fresh blueberries and lemon flavor. Drizzled with a delicious lemon glaze, these are the best lemon blueberry muffins around!
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, 2 lemons
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla or almond extract
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2-1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Fill cupcake pan with liners, or use cooking spray to grease them.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, vegetable oil, egg, sugar, juice, vanilla, lemon zest and sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder. Mix the dry ingredients into the large bowl and stir until smooth. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill cupcake liners with batter about 2/3 the way full. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove muffins from pan and allow to cool.
- To make glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl. Drizzle over muffins.
TIPS FOR THE BEST LEMON BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- Use fresh blueberries. Trust me, this makes all the difference. They taste amazing and burst with fresh flavor.
- Sour cream. This is the secret to super moist muffins! The extra fat content makes them so soft and gives them a rich flavor.
- Lemon zester. Use a zester to easily and quickly zest your lemon.
- Don’t overfill. Fill the muffin cups 2/3 of the way full. If you fill any further, the muffins will overflow.
- Before baking, add a few extra fresh blueberries in each muffin cup. This will make your muffins look extra pretty. 🙂
- Let cool. Make sure the muffins have cooled completely before drizzling with the glaze. You don’t want it to melt!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 20 Minutes | Total Time: 35 Minutes | Servings: 12
Categorized in: DIY
This post was written by Matt Huston