Blackberries and all kinds of berries grow prolifically here in Idaho. In fact, if you live in the Pacific Northwest, it’s almost a requirement to love blackberries. However, no matter where you live, we promise you will love this blackberry crumble recipe.
Nothing reminds us of late summer more than a Blackberry Crumble. Even if you’ve never baked from scratch before, you will find this recipe simple to pull off.
PRO TIP: You can always swap out or add other berries to this crumble!
Prep Time 10 mins | Cook Time 40 mins | Resting Time 15 mins | Total Time 50 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 6 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, gently combine blackberries, sugar and all-purpose flour. Transfer to an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- For the crumble topping, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and work together with your hands until the ingredients resemble a crumble.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the blackberry mixture. Bake crumble until the topping is golden brown and blackberries are bubbling, about 40 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature, with ice cream if desired.
This and other recipes can be found at Nobelpig.com
Categorized in: DIY
This post was written by Matt Huston