Every year, several thousand families move to new homes in Meridian, ID. While adults plan the move, it can be an anxious time for kids. They may be nervous about moving to a new neighborhood and new school. Here are some ways to help your child adjust to a new location:
- Start by presenting the idea of moving as a good thing. Focus on the ways that their lives will be improved in the new location.
- Show them photos of their new house or take them to see it before moving day if possible. Let them pick out their room and choose décor.
- Familiarize kids with the surrounding area. Research fun things to do, like going to skate parks or fishing lakes, and make plans with your child to try them.
- See if you can arrange a school visit and perhaps meet the teacher and a few classmates before they start attending.
- Have your child’s favorite toys and belongings ready to unpack as soon as you move in, so they have things to keep them busy while you get the rest of the home settled. Get their rooms set up as soon as possible.
- On moving day, give your child a new toy or game to play with in the car or on the plane.
- Do something fun as soon as possible after getting settled. Go out to a fun restaurant, go to the park or take a bike ride.
- Try to keep your family’s daily routines intact. The sense of predictability can be comforting for them.
Brighton’s new homes at Pinnacle in Meridian, ID are ideal for families. Pinnacle features one and two-story homes from 1,850-2,960 square feet. These spacious homes have 3 or 4 bedrooms, 2-3 baths, and 2 or 3-car garages. Flex spaces and patios offer versatility and additional living space.
Pinnacle will have outstanding amenities, including a community center, outdoor amphitheater, two pools, parks, playgrounds, walking paths, and on-site schools. A town center will provide convenient access to shops, restaurants, and businesses.
Call Janita McWhite today at 208-917-4874 to schedule your personal tour of the Pinnacle community of new homes in Meridian, ID.Tags: Brighton Homes Idaho, homebuilder in meridian id, new homes for sale in meridian id
Categorized in: CHOOSING YOUR COMMUNITY
This post was written by Gina Coffin