If you’re a first-time homeowner or accustomed to warmer climates, you may not realize that Meridian, ID homes need some preparation for cold weather. This is true whether your home is new or old. All homes need seasonal attention to keep them in top shape.
Winterization Tips from the Experts
Whether this is your first Idaho winter or your fiftieth, these tips can help you maintain your home through the coldest months of the year.
Stay Ahead of Winter: Winterization Tips to Tackle in The Fall
- Have the furnace and fireplace inspected. This must be done by professionals. Check your owner’s manuals for instructions about changing filters and other DIY tasks.
- Clean gutters. If they fill with leaves, twigs and debris, they can clog and overflow, which can damage your house.
- Have damaged or unhealthy tree branches cut off before winter storms arrive. This is especially important if the branches are close to your house.
- Schedule a professional sprinkler system blow out for in-ground sprinkler systems.
- Disconnect and drain outdoor hoses. If possible, shut off outdoor water valves and leave them open to allow any remaining water to drain.
Beat the Freeze: Tips to Safeguard Your Home During Winter Months
- If the temperature will be below 28 degrees for more than a few hours, let faucets drip slightly. Open the cabinet doors under sinks to let warm air circulate around the pipes.
- If trees and shrubs are coated in ice, let them thaw naturally. Don’t try to break the ice off; you could damage the tree.
- Watch for icicles on gutters. Hire a pro to remove them if they’re large, and to correct any problems that are causing them.
These tips will help you “weather” the winter months in your new Meridian ID home. Enjoy the season to its fullest in these Brighton communities:
Pinnacle Planned Community in South Meridian
Located in Meridian’s So|Me district off E. Lake Hazel Road, Pinnacle is within easy reach of shopping, dining, and entertainment. It’s just over 20 minutes from Boise and the Boise Airport.
Community amenities at Pinnacle include a large gathering park with an amphitheater, an indoor community center, micro parks with playgrounds, a network of walking paths, two swimming pools and a town center with shops and services. The community is located next to Meridian’s Discovery Park, which has recently been expanded to 64 acres, and future projects will expand the Discovery Park to 77 acres. Located in South Meridian, Pinnacle has several move-in ready homes available now with additional inventory homes will be ready for closing in January and February 2024. Pinnacle homes range in square footage between 1,890-2,500 to meet a range of lifestyle needs. Browse an array of Pinnacle floorplans of Call Janita McWhite at 208-917-4874
Quartet New Home Construction in North Meridian
North Meridian homes. Quartet homes are 1,890-2,780 square feet and have 3 or 4 bedrooms, 2-3.5 baths and 3-car garages. Call Brett Swann at 208-917-4869.
Make an appointment today to tour these brand new communities of stylish, energy-efficient Meridian, ID homes!
Categorized in: HOME CARE TIPS
This post was written by Brighton Homes