Video games and consoles are some of the most popular holiday gifts in Meridian ID homes. Setting up a dedicated room for gaming can make the experience even more enjoyable.
Here are our tips for creating a great space for gaming in your home:
- Pick the right room. For young kids, you’ll probably prefer to have them in the family room so you can supervise their play. For teens and adults, however, gaming will be more focused in a separate room. Windowless media rooms can be ideal. If you don’t have one in your home, install blackout shades over the windows in an unused bedroom or flex space.
- Mount your television above eye level. If you use a PC, place it on a large desk or tabletop with the monitor slightly above eye level.
- Use a good gaming chair. It should be fully adjustable and suited to the size of the user. Make sure it has armrests and good back support. For a more immersive experience, choose one with built-in speakers. Younger users may prefer a floor chair, beanbag or rocker gaming chair.
- Provide storage for games and accessories. Bring in a bookcase or install shelves to display collectibles.
- For finishing touches to make the gaming room a stylish haven, stick LED strip lights along the ceiling or shelves. Put game-related artwork on the walls. Don’t forget a mini fridge for mid-game drinks and snacks!
At Brighton Homes, we design new homes for the way you live today. We offer floor plans with media rooms, first floor studies, flex rooms and other spaces to fit your family’s needs through the years.
Our popular Ballybunion plan is a 2,880 square foot home with 4 bedrooms, 2 baths and a 3-car garage. It has both a den and a flex room on the first floor. The second floor has a media room along with all the bedrooms.
Langley is a similar size, but with a different configuration. It’s 2,785 square feet and has 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths. This home’s unique feature is the bonus room and half bath that form the only second floor space. It also has a first-floor den that would work as a gaming room.
Call Brighton Homes today at 208-908-7533 to start planning your new home in one of our communities of Meridian ID homes.Tags: homebuilder in meridian id, homes for sale in meridian id, new homes for sale in meridian id
Categorized in: DESIGN TRENDS
This post was written by Brighton Homes